The Diaper Bag

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I am a junior high girl

Ahh...where to begin??
1)I love teeny bopper movies. Yes, I confess, it's out in the open...sigh...I don't get to watch nearly as many as I would like to. My husband hates chick flicks, but I think teen movies is higher on his hate list. So, when we go to Hollywood Video, we must always rent one sci-fi/action movie and then one of my choosing...usually a love/feel good story of some sort. Some of my favorite teen movies: Varsity Blues, most Freddie Prinze, Jr. movies (I hang my head in shame), 10 Things I Hate About You. Every once in a while, Dallas will like one almost as much or more than I do. Example: Can't Hardly Wait.

2)I love teeny bopper music. Yes, I do own Justin Timberlake's, Justified. I am no good at band names, but when the radio comes on, guaranteed, I can sing along to just about any pop music out there today. I found myself singing along to a song about "resting my head on something re-al..."...yep, Ashlee Simpson. Yikes!

3)I love food scented lip gloss and lotions. My cousin and I were recently at a boutique in my hometown of Lafayette. She had a free coupon for a lotion of my choice. I started down the list of many scents. I immediately saw Cinna-bon...what??? I can smell like sweet cinnamon buns anytime, Ye-haw! But Katie quickly said she wanted the Vera Wang scent. I couldn't follow Vera Wang with Cinna-bon, so I quietly and sadly said, "Blackberry please". Yeah, I know it is a food but that is like still liking Country Apple and Sun-Ripened Raspberry. I hate that lotion and still long for the day when I can smell like my favorite breakfast. I was also recently in Claire's boutique looking for a gift for a friend. Just saying "Claire's Boutique" should signal major junior high warning signs. When I was checking out I spotted a half wall full of flavored lip glosses. There was Dr. Pepper, Bubble gum, Tootsie Pop, Hot Fudge Sundae, Cotton Candy, Reece's Peanut Butter Cup...must resist...I didn't buy any because I didn't want to be frivilous when I still have about 3 half-used lip glosses lying around. My favorite lotion at the moment is Warm Vanilla Sugar...it so rocks! So if you are ever in the need to get me a present, you can't go wrong with food scented toiletries.

So what is the deal with this? I think because I HATED junior high when I was actually in junior high. I remember longing to see movies like Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club, A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon (which I now know sucks), etc...So now that I CAN watch any movie I like and buy any number of junior high goodies, I will. Ah the justice!

5 Comments:

  • At October 15, 2004 at 11:22 AM, Blogger J. said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At October 15, 2004 at 11:22 AM, Blogger J. said…

    "...I long for the day when I can smell like my favorite breakfast."

    I'm laughing so hard right now.

     
  • At October 15, 2004 at 11:35 AM, Blogger The Adventures of Jump Ahead Jane & Captain Surly said…

    Vira Wang vs. Cinnabon.....you crack me up!!!! I want to smell like breakfast too!!!
    Tif

     
  • At October 15, 2004 at 5:17 PM, Blogger Rococoaster said…

    Warm Vanilla Sugar! From Bath & Body? One of my freshmen last year bought me the lip balm...SOOOOOOO Yummy!
    The lotion I am wearing today is JAQUA's "marshmallow cocoa body whip". NO LIE!! Plus I put on a little of Jessica Simpson's Dessert line perfume :Creamy. It is a sample I got at Sephora. I am currently licking my wrist to see if I can still taste it from this morning's application. yep, faint, but carmel-icious!
    GUILTY AS CHARGED!
    - teacher of Jr. High Girls
    (what about cutesy pens? Like feathers or glittery? Those are all the rage in 6th and 7th grade!)

     
  • At October 15, 2004 at 9:15 PM, Blogger Jessica said…

    Carrie, that is so funny! Have you smelled the Chocolate lotion in the kids section at Bath and Body works...mmmm...and it looks like melted chocolate too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home