The Diaper Bag

Saturday, September 18, 2004

My First Post!

Hello fellow bloggers!!! I am here finally...after months of thoroughly enjoying reading all of my friends blogs, I have decided to jump in. Actually, I have secretly wanted to start my own blog for the past two months. I don't know what the draw to blogging is. Maybe it brings me back to my pre-junior high days of having a diary.

I was rummaging through my old school stuff at my parents house... yes, I still have boxes of elementary-college crap still in my old closet. Really sad, I know. Anyway, I ran across my old red and white striped diary and anxiously used the little gold key and opened it. I laughed and laughed as I meticulously wrote in every day for the first three months of 1985. The rest of the year must have been pretty boring because those are the only months filled in. I was 10 at the time and if nothing of interest happened on any particular day, I would just write "A Good Day!" or "A Boring Day". I did run across a few key memories like the first time I got a bra (blush).

Also in the boxes were about 6 old notebook size creative writing/journals that my 5th grade teacher made us write in every day. I remember really enjoying writing in them whether it be about a certain topic or a fiction story. She was a great teacher, Mrs. Ruthanne...one of my favorites. She would comment on EVERY journal entry with a red pen and would always draw a little picture to go along with her comment. I wish I could draw on this post and show you the girls face she would always doodle on my journal. It is vivid in my mind to this day.

Those two things were my only memories/keepsakes that I have from writing. After 5th grade I must have hated writing. I never enjoyed it in high school or college. But, you don't really write creatively...just papers on novels read or on some form of methodology. Pretty boring if you ask me and my mom helped me write most of them. I was never a good writer so please forgive this post and all future posts because I am no way near fluent or clever and I probably will not use the correct tense throughout a whole post or use commas correctly and I will surely use exclamation marks WAY too much and I will probably have lots of run-on sentences :)!!

So, what is the draw to starting a blog?? Once again I return to reading all of your blogs. After the baby arrived I had more time on my hands (not much but more than when I was teaching) and Dallas LOVED writing on his blog and reading others. One day I found myself sitting in front of the computer reading all of the blogs that my husband had linked on his blog. I was fascinated! I felt so much closer to my friends and loved hearing about their thoughts. This started me thinking of what, if anything, I would write about if I had a blog. Probably just about baby puke and poop and the musings of being a new mom. Pretty boring...but I then started thinking of little oddities about myself and before I knew it, I already had about 4 posts lined up in my head. So...here I am.

Thanks to my husband for setting this up for me and helping me with the title. I wanted something more clever than "Carrie's Blog"...which is all that I could come up with. He asked me where I kept my wallet and keys and I said..."The Diaper Bag". So, there you have it my friends...my first post....YEAH!!! I am so pumped and so excited to be a part of this blogging world, so please comment because that is almost as fun as reading everyone's posts.

7 Comments:

  • At September 19, 2004 at 2:05 AM, Blogger Valerie said…

    I'm so excited for your blog!! Welcome to the family! Blogging is a strange and wonderful world. :) I'm jealous of your clever name for your blog, too. After reading this entry, you make me want to go back and find my journal from when I was younger and see what I wrote in there...

     
  • At September 19, 2004 at 12:24 PM, Blogger Michael & Tammi said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At September 19, 2004 at 1:22 PM, Blogger D said…

    Carrie, you made my day!  I can't wait to see how this blog develops.  Now you can share your wisdom without worrying about anyone interrupting.  Baby puke and poop and musing about being a new mom doesn't sound boring to me.

     
  • At September 19, 2004 at 2:46 PM, Blogger Michael & Tammi said…

    hmmmm...i was hoping i could just edit my comment...

    i hate having misspelled words.

    welcome...i didnt say anything worthly of being "deleted by the author".

    sorry.

     
  • At September 19, 2004 at 11:07 PM, Blogger Rococoaster said…

    I love that I found out about your blog from Val on the phone on my way to have dinner with you! I love your blog - it's so pretty and pink, just like you! It makes me so happy! I love you and loved spending time with you...it makes me want more.

     
  • At September 20, 2004 at 12:37 PM, Blogger J. said…

    Yeah!

    Congrats on the new blog. I too used to have a daily "journal" of sorts... but I'll talk about it on my blog! I need something new to write about!

    lol

    can't wait to read more - no pressure.

    :)

     
  • At December 19, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    [url=http://www.freewebs.com/paxilonline]cost generic paxil walgreens
    [/url]getting off paxil support
    paroxetine quitting
    paroxetine er
    paroxetine long term
    paroxetine green pill

     

Post a Comment

<< Home