The Diaper Bag

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The List

1. Sonic chocolate malt
2. Margarita snow cone from Cajun Sno
3. Ice cream
4. A&W root beer
5. chocolate of any kind
6. Sprite or 7UP while waiting in line at the grocery store
7. Really...sweets of any kind

What is this list you say? Not a list of stuff I have vowed not to eat because of a New Year's Resolution, but a list of stuff I am craving and can't have since 2 weeks ago. I found out I have gestational diabetes. I have to prick my finger and check my blood sugar 4 times a day, stay on a specific diet, and get more exercise. So far, it hasn't been bad. But I do miss my regulars from the list above. The good news is that we will have an ultrasound every month until he is born and there is really no harm to him except that sometimes the babies are bigger. So they check for growth every month. Since starting the diet, my blood sugar has stayed totally normal. So, Dallas or any friends who live in Lafayette, right after I have the baby, you now have a list of stuff you can bring me in the hospital!

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home